Hi Chad,

Graylog currently doesn't support running Elasticsearch plugins in its
embedded instance at all (also see
https://github.com/Graylog2/graylog2-server/issues/2789).

You have to rely on the standard Elasticsearch configuration settings which
Graylog
provides:
https://github.com/Graylog2/graylog2-server/blob/2.1.0/misc/graylog.conf#L260-L301

Cheers,