Hi Wayne,

On Friday, 21 October 2016 14:51:55 UTC+2, Wayne wrote:

> I only installed Graylog2 server, Elasticsearch, Mongodb based on the
> lastest Graylog2 document. The daily logstash-yyyy.MM.dd was generated, but
> I did not install Logstash. Is this normal?

No, at least that index definitely hasn't been created or touched in any
way by Graylog.

As far as the option of re-indexing you mentionded, are you saying I can
> use the ElasticSearch instance as input, and use log shipper such as
> graylog collector sidecar to push the index to graylog server? My concern
> is that would duplicate the data. In addition, can graylog collector
> sidecar be log shipper in this scenario, or I need to install logstash to
> do the job?

Yes, it would naturally duplicate the data and yes, you need Logstash (or
any other program being able to read from Elasticsearch and send output to
Graylog via GELF) for that. It's not possible to do this with the Graylog
Collector Sidecar.

Cheers,
Jochen