Hi Jochen

"yum update graylog-server&& reboot" was the exact command for me to
upgrade version 2.1.0-9 to 2.1.2-1 successfully.
This is on CentOS 7 OS, mongodb and elasticsearch all-in-one box.  restart
the graylog-server service along won't work. I had to reboot the OS.

Also
http://docs.graylog.org/en/2.1/pages/installation/operating_system_packages.html#rpm-yum-dnf

<http://www.google.com/url?q=http%3A%2F%2Fdocs.graylog.org%2Fen%2F2.1%2Fpages%2Finstallation%2Foperating_system_packages.html%23rpm-yum-dnf&sa=D&sntz=1&usg=AFQjCNFN-aNL6wErABxyAfl7tXAldoiDIA>
 is
not clear enough in upgrade section.
it is best to document it as "yum update graylog-server" instead of "yum
install graylog-server".
Also it doesn't have much wording regarding the upgrade process regarding
mongodb or elasticsearch.

Regards

tj