Hi Ed,

On Monday, 19 December 2016 21:40:44 UTC+1, Ed Berlot wrote:

> However the documentation really has very little detail explaining a
> specific function  I';ve also tried to compare the appliance configuration
> (which I have working) with the manual install, but they're vastly
> different.

See https://github.com/Graylog2/graylog2-server/blob/2.1.2/misc/graylog.conf
for the reference configuration file with comments explaining each setting.

I'm honestly getting fustrated with this application, it shouldn't be so
> difficult

You can simply use the OVA if you don't want to cope with the specifics of
the stack:
http://docs.graylog.org/en/2.1/pages/installation/virtual_machine_appliances.html

This being said, there are also professional support services if you need
individual support: https://www.graylog.org/professional-support

Cheers,
Jochen