Okay, in order:

1. I'm using the OVA VM image from Graylog, so most of the configuration is
already done. All I did was add a Connector with one nxlog input and one
nxlog output, and then the GELF UDP input that the WinDHCP json created.

The WinDHCP input is configured like this:

WinDHCPLogs-gelf GELF UDP RUNNING
On node 771f3128 / graylog
<http://172.30.39.100/system/nodes/771f3128-a581-433b-a561-613c6bb8c5bf>

   - bind_address:
   0.0.0.0
   - decompress_size_limit:
   8388608
   - override_source:
   *<empty>*
   - port:
   5441
   - recv_buffer_size:
   1048576

2. The nxlog.conf file is:

define ROOT C:\Program Files (x86)\nxlog

<Extension gelf>
  Module xm_gelf
</Extension>

Moduledir %ROOT%\modules
CacheDir %ROOT%\data
Pidfile %ROOT%\data\nxlog.pid
SpoolDir %ROOT%\data
LogFile %ROOT%\data\nxlog.log
LogLevel INFO

<Extension logrotate>
    Module  xm_fileop
    <Schedule>
        When    @daily
        Exec    file_cycle('%ROOT%\data\nxlog.log', 7);
     </Schedule>
</Extension>

<Input 588bc33f682c990374bab049>
Module im_file
File 'C:\Windows\System32\dhcp\DhcpSrvLog-*.log'
PollInterval 1
SavePos True
ReadFromLast True
Recursive False
RenameCheck True
Exec $FileName = file_name(); # Send file name with each message
</Input>

<Output 588bc2db682c990374baafe0>
Module om_udp
Host re.da.ct.ed
Port 5441
OutputType  GELF
Exec $short_message = $raw_event; # Avoids truncation of the short_message
field.
Exec $gl2_source_collector = '9960a8cd-7abe-4021-939f-89b22909aa32';
Exec $Hostname = hostname_fqdn();
</Output>

<Route route-0>
  Path 588bc33f682c990374bab049 => 588bc2db682c990374baafe0
</Route>

3. collector_sidecar.yml is this:

server_url: http://re.da.ct.ed:9000/api
update_interval: 10
tls_skip_verify: false
send_status: true
list_log_files:
node_id: NS1
collector_id: file:C:\Program Files\graylog\collector-sidecar\collector-id
cache_path: C:\Program Files\graylog\collector-sidecar\cache
log_path: C:\Program Files\graylog\collector-sidecar\logs
log_rotation_time: 86400
log_max_age: 604800
tags: dhcp
backends:
    - name: nxlog
      enabled: true
      binary_path: C:\Program Files (x86)\nxlog\nxlog.exe
      configuration_path: C:\Program
Files\graylog\collector-sidecar\generated\nxlog.conf
    - name: winlogbeat
      enabled: false
      binary_path: C:\Program Files\graylog\collector-sidecar\winlogbeat.exe
      configuration_path: C:\Program
Files\graylog\collector-sidecar\generated\winlogbeat.yml
    - name: filebeat
      enabled: false
      binary_path: C:\Program Files\graylog\collector-sidecar\filebeat.exe
      configuration_path: C:\Program
Files\graylog\collector-sidecar\generated\filebeat.yml