Hi Guys

I've deployed Graylog to use for a syslog solution.  Currently using
Sidecar to do the collections of winlogs only.

Been running a week and started loading some more hosts ... Then Pooooooof,
graylog fell over.  Initially I was clueless as to whats going on.

After a bit of digging, I found the dreaded elasticsearch error which seems
to be quite common   ( bytes can be at most 32766 in length)

I have found a few articles where people say update the analyser, some
others that mention setting index to not_analyzed or Index No.  Another
post mentioned to set ignore_above => 256.

Thing is ... I have no clue where to even try setting these things ?   Can
anybody shed some light please?

I have managed to find the actual message that is too large on the
originating server which is causing the failure.  Turns out to be a HP WBEM
Dump Event (Id 1001).

If anyone knows how I can prevent this from happening, or define some sort
of "exclude" for this message that would be a great help.

Perhaps, I could instruct sidecar collector to ignore this message ?  Is
that possible ?   Would any know?

PS - I have tried this with Graylog 2.1  and just tried with 2.2 as well.
Both doing the same thing...

Appreciate your help guys  :)

Thanks

Paul.