To: <green-travel@yahoogroups.com>
Sent: Friday, April 15, 2005 7:47 PM
Subject: [green-travel] Follow-up re: MyClimate

Carbon offsetting is one first step to travel "green" - if done correctly.

Our Switzerland-based organisation myclimate (www.myclimate.org/en) offers
greenhouse gases offsetting. We also provide the offsets for Sustainable
Travel International (www.my-climate.com).

Our projects meet the following criteria:
- no tree planting
- only projects in the field of energy efficiency and renewable energy
- Projects must be developed according to the WWF Gold Standard
- all projects MUST have additional benefits for he population (e.g.
creating jobs)
- a minimum of 80% of our funds are directed to the projects
- all projects are independently certified (either through the Kyoto
mechanisms or through an expert panel at the Swiss Federal Institute of
Technology

An example of one of our projects: In Eritrea, we support a local company,
which produces solar water heating systems. They are installed on schools
and hospitals, where people no longer have to heat their water with
unsustainable and climate-unfriendly kerosene heaters.

Offsetting emissions is not a solution - but it is a first step. Did you
know that one single person travelling from London to an Eco-Lodge in, say,
Brazil uses up more than 1000 litres of fuel and emits 3.5 tons of
CO2-equivalents? This is four times more than what an average Brazilian
emits during a whole year!

By offsetting emissions, travellers have the opportunity to take on
responsibility for the severe damage they cause to our climate. It is at the
moment the only option to travel "green", unless you decide to travel by
boat or train or simply to stay at home.

Find out more about myclimate, watch the CNN report, learn how serious a
challenge air traffic is to our climate, and get to know our high-quality
carbon offset projects in India, Columbia, Eritrea, South Africa and the
Indian Himalaya.

It's all on our website www.myclimate.org/en.

With climate-friendly regards

Renat Heuberger

Managing Director myclimate
Bluntschlisteig 1, P.O. Box
CH-8027 Zürich, Switzerland
p. +41 1 281 22 20
f. +41 1 281 22 44
m. +41 79 549 39 51
[EMAIL PROTECTED]
www.myclimate.org

Visit the website of the first UNEP carbon neutral summit:
www.unep.org/dpdl/civil_society/GCSF/carbon-neutral.asp

http://www.lulu.com/mendicott

{* Remember, it is important to include a descriptive subject line.}
{* Please do not quote entire Digests or long messages in replies!}

Yahoo! Groups Links