---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: anoop kumar <anoopkh...@gmail.com>
Date: 2009/7/15
Subject: KAMBLI: Experiments with Caste, Willow and Gloves (new post at our
blog Round Table)
To: our-media <our-me...@googlegroups.com>

KAMBLI: Experiments with Caste, Willow and
Gloves<http://blog.insightyv.com/?p=292>

*Recently newspapers
reported<http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/articleshow/4774108.cms>
that
Vinod Kambli, the Indian cricketer during the shooting of a forthcoming
television show had vehemently attacked BCCI for discriminating against him
based on his caste and skin colour and criticized his childhood friend
Sachin Tendulkar for being less ‘friendly’ at his bad times. Though,Kambli
has denied these reports
later<http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/articleshow/4777247.cms>,
RANJITH THANKAPPAN shares the ‘Kambli Moment’ in his life that point towards
the caste factor in cricket and life.*

Kambli, I knew it years ago. Perhaps you didn’t. Or what else kept you
silent for long? I know, cricket like brahmanism is a mythical institution
that will lead one to the illusion of empowered self. But, I expected you to
throw it back with the same ease with which you pick up and throw to get
your opponent run out. And how can I forget your beautiful smile; the
mumbling after a diving effort to save a single; the naughty grin after an
effortless catch; the languishing return from the crease and enigmatic flow
of energy in the field with the usual encouraging words to fellow players.
How can I forget you Kambli, though you were not my role model? Nor Sachin
was. Never ever.
Read the full post at our Blog Round Table  <http://www.blog.insightyv.com/>

 <http://www.blog.insightyv.com/>anoop
--
"Rosa sat so Martin could walk; Martin walked so Obama could run, Obama ran
so your children can fly"

--
Ranjit