To be frank ,I feel that  violence even goes up to the press coverage
of the incident. This is not just a question of police violence. I
would say that the caption itself is more than a description of what
the police did. I'm afraid the usage 'garbham adichukalakki' is
totally objectionable for one empathizing in  the unspeakable trauma
of  the dalit woman. Nevertheless, It is a typical male reportage
virtually devoid of emotional empathy. For example, just think of what
would be the woman's own description in words..Will she ever use a
phrase like"ente garbham police adichukalakki?"I think that she might
never put it like that.

Again, the report  suggests that more than anything else, the crime
relates to suppression of a woman's imagined aspiration to become a
mother. This simply overstates  the roles of women in society as
mothers.

The rest of the text also looks more like sensationalizing than
politicizing the heinous  crime committed by  police with impunity
even when it is against a woman from the margins of the society.
Obviously, there could be more point in raising the issue as a crime
perpetrated by the law enforcing agency against a dalit woman. This
means that the woman simultaneously deserved the benefits of at least
two special  legislations: first, under the SC/ST Atrocities
(Prevention) Act and secondly under Laws relating to Arocities Against
Women

Incidently, I am someone looking for less hegemonic, less
patriarchal , less communal and more democratic & gender just
reportage by your paper, which I think is also quite capable of
taking the feedbacks in perspective.

Thanks and regards,
(Venu)