Hi Geedha,
I got a mail forwarded from you which appears in turn to have been forwarded
by one ekb...@gmail.com to you and a few dozen other people. As anybody with
a fair amount of emailing propriety should know, he has done an extremely
careless thing by exposing so many IDs to many strangers and chances of
spamming. If he had a sense of the proper way of doing it, he should have
used the *Blind Carbon Copy* field (usually the third from above after To
field and Carbon Copy field), which would hide all the IDs put there.
It is not hard to guess who this ekb...@gmail.com is. He is, I suppose,  Dr
B Ekbal, a former v.c. and an allegedly renowned educationist. (Forwarding
the defense of an arch fakery is not very educationist-like, though.)
Curiously, he is the general editor of a series of books on Information
Technology and as far as I know he has authored a couple of titles in the
respective field too.  He should know better, one would hope, despite his
pecadilloes as described in a blog post linked below.

http://calicocentric.blogspot.com/2010/04/blog-post.html

The novel, the defense of which he chose to give publicity to, is an
extremely ignorant book catering to the pathetic sensibility of a hopelessly
ignorant section (that must have imbibed knowledge from crap like Malayalam
Britannica  which incidentally had the blessing of Dr. Ekbal).
You can read some funny stuff about that novel here:

http://calicojumbled.blogspot.com/2010/05/blog-post_29.html

I don't know what the words Ekbal inserted in this forwarded mail mean.

> This has come out well. But through this process of vilification and harsh
> criticism can a genuine literary work can survive. Ekbal

To my mind, it doesn't convey anything other than the writer's ignorance of
putting a couple of words meaningfully together. And this person has been a
Vice-chancellor, mind you!
This response is partly provoked by the charlatanry of our intelligentsia
that shamelessly promote wretched books by pretentious but ignorant authors,
as if they were the repository of wisdom.

Regards
Krishna Kumar
Calicut- Sh

--