Dear friend,

*Sub: BUY films and SUPPORT MAKING of a FILM on ADIVASI ISSUE in South India
*

Greetings from Other Media Communications, Bangalore!

Other Media Communications is an institution set up to cater to the
communication needs of social movements and civil society groups in India.
We work in print, audio-video and new media areas. We have produced more
than half a dozen documentaries and published a number of books and reports
on social issues in India.

*We are making a documentary film on Adivasi labour migration to Karnataka
from Kerala and the exploitation faced by them. We have already started the
shooting of the film. We need your support to finish it.  We are funding
this film through sales of our earlier films and contributions by you.
Please buy the special package which include six of our highly acclaimed
documentaries, which comes to you at a subsidised price, and be part of our
endeavour to bring a social issue to the main stream attention!*

The package comprises the following documentaries:

*1. “Yi As Akh Padshah Bai”**(There was a Queen)*

****
*Dir. Kavita Pai and Hansa Thapliyal/ India / Kashmiri, Hindustani with
English subtitles / 105 minutes / Video / / 2007***

Listen! Kashmiri women are speaking…

In this Documentary film in which Kashmiri women express their views about
the bloody conflict ongoing in the state for more than 18 years and its
multi faceted impact on the society is ready for distribution. In this film,
women - only women - open out on terrorism, militarism, peace and their
daily life. It is a record of political voices of women from many sides in
Kashmir.

This film has won *4th JOHN ABRAHAM NATIONAL AWARD* for *'Cinema of
Resistance'* in SIGNS 2009- the Indian festival for features and
non-features,  Thiruvananthapuram, Kerala, India. And participated in National
Competition section of 10th Mumbai International film Festival 2008, India, 3rd
ViBGYOR International Film Festival, Thrissur, Kerala, India, International
Video Festival of Kerala – 2008, 14th Kolkatta Film Festival and
Tri-Continental Film Festival-2009

*2. Hey Ram!! Genocide in the Land of Gandhi*

*D*ir. Gopal Menon/ DV/25 min./Hindi with English Subtitles/2002

**

*Hey Ram!! was the first film to be completed on the Gujarat Genocide,
February 2002 in the aftermath of Godhra and was released even as the
violence was raging in Gujarat.*

*3. Resilient Rhythms*

**
*

Dir. Gopal Menon/ DV/ 64 min./ Tamil,Telugu,Hindi,Kannada,Bhojpuri with
English Subtitles/ 2002

This film documents the various atrocities that are committed on people
simply because of their caste and shows how Dalits are fighting back.
**
***

*4. Naga Story: The Other Side of Silence*

**
*

Dir. Gopal Menon/ DV/64 min./With English Subtitles/2003
*

**
*

The film provides an introduction to the history of the Naga struggle, and
documents the human rights abuses suffered by the Naga people in more than
50 years of existence as part of Independent India.*

*5. Naka Naka Dupont, Naka (No to Dupont)*

****
*

Dir. Partha Sarkar and Reena Kukreja Beta/24min./English/1998
*

**
*

This film is the story of the Goan peoples’ triumph over the multinational
company ‘Dupont’ and a sterling model for similar struggles.*

*6. BHOPAL – The Survivor’s Story*

**
*

Dir. Rumah Rasaque/ DV/30 min/ Hindi with English Subtitles/2005
*

**
*

‘Bhopal – The Survivors Story’ explores the grim reality of lakhs of
survivors and their children, caught between Dow-Carbide’s denial of
liability and the Government’s reluctance to pursue Dow-Carbide, as they
continue to face the unfolding hardships** **of the nearness of death and
living poisoned everyday. This film is available in Hindi too.*

*For more details visit, **www.othermediacommunications.com*

*The documentaries are available in DVD formats, and the package is priced
Rs.3000/- and Rs.2000/- respectively for Institutions and Individuals within
India. Prices are different outside the country.*

Copies of the individual films are also available.

*You can buy a copy of the documentary under production for Rs.1000/- in
advance and be a supporter.*

Please place your order either by a letter to the address below or by e-mail
to*santh...@othermediacommunications.com*.  We will require three weeks for
the delivery of these films, after your confirmation of order and payment.

Seeking your co-operation in making this film and reaching out to a wider
audience.

With warm regards,

* *

E. Deenadayalan and K C Santhosh Kumar