---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: "S. P. Udayakumar" <koodanku...@yahoo.com>
Date: Mon, 28 Nov 2011 08:17:51 -0800 (PST)
Subject: Complaint about Dinamalam, Tamil Newspaper

No: 9894009200
Phone:
0422-2398439
Email:
dmr...@dinamalar.in

Hello
Dinamalar Editor/s:

            Sub.: Filing a complaint about
unethical and illegal publication of private information
                        without any kind of
permission.
            Ref.: Dinamalar issue dated November
24, 2011.

The Dinamalar issue dated November 24, 2011 published a
front page story on us, S. P. Udayakumar, M. Pushparayan, and M. P. Jesuraj, the
leaders of the ‘People’s Movement Against Nuclear Energy’ that has
been struggling
against the Koodankulam Nuclear Power Project.

Your news item has included our personal and private
information such as home addresses, home phone numbers, mobile numbers and email
addresses without obtaining any kind of prior permission from any of us. Your
story has also included libelous and erroneous information about us
without giving
any kind of evidence or material proof.

The story has been written, edited and published with the
criminal intent of inciting public anger and outrage against us and provoking
the public to attack us and our families. Ever since the story is published,
our family members have been receiving obscene and threatening phone calls in
our home numbers, and we all have been receiving similar calls on our mobile
phones from your readers who tend to replicate your own foul language and unruly
conduct.

Your story has caused enormous physical suffering,
psychological pressure and mental agony to us and our family members and the
story has endangered our and our family members’ safety and security.

Your criminal behavior has breached every journalistic
ethos and norms practiced in India. We and our family members have filed
criminal complaints with the Tamil Nadu police and our lawyers have initiated
legal action against your newspaper in appropriate courts.

Yours truly,

S. P. Udayakumar
M. Pushparayan
M. P. Jesuraj