Now, I wonder what is a soft stand. The supreme court has been more radical
than the political activists in Kerala. They have taken a stand that women
have a right to enter Sabarimala temple. The Chief Minister has also taken
a strong stand. But the ground is not clear. Whether it be the
organisations and cadre of the left, secularists or women's movement. The
Chief Minister is depending on the police and not political movements to
execute the Supreme Court's order. Once in a while, we hjear words like
social reform movement in Kerala. But when the population itself is
hijacked by the reformists and Hindutva agenda, what are you going to do?
It is funny. Sreedharan Pillai of BJP expressed an honest opinion that some
of us have been yelling for years. He said very boldly that: : `We set the
political agenda in Kerala and we know that everybody will follow'.  I am
sure he is right.