[《Congress leader Shashi Tharoor on Thursday said that upcoming general
election will be a "battle for India's soul". "The idea that religion
should be a determinant of nationhood is the idea of Pakistan. The idea of
India is that it will be a nation for everyone and religion will not be its
basis. We now see a determined effort to smuggle the idea of Pakistan into
India," he said at the Jaipur Literature Festival. "The forthcoming
election is a battle for India's soul because we have seen a fundamentally
different idea of India being advocated by those close to the ruling
party," he said.》]

https://in.news.yahoo.com/2019-election-battle-indias-soul-181800192.html?fbclid=IwAR0Ku3lAKGaTnu_qr3AXlvpbBuieusb8i37nTwT5w_guFy3gBnrzIrrnRcs

2019 election will be 'battle for India's soul': Shashi Tharoor

Ani

--
Peace Is Doable