Dear Mr. George,

Here's a news portal (<
https://scroll.in/latest/911997/sabarimala-row-only-two-women-of-menstruating-age-not-51-entered-shrine-says-kerala-government?fbclid=IwAR0epAcjskM22ylaZ21zIZ4EBrZuScMgjfNlyzrpkmAs8WNKW_tg_V3HwSg>),
considered to be broadly left-leaning, presenting the same report.

A relevant extract:

<<The Kerala government has retracted its earlier statement to the Supreme
Court in which it had claimed that 51 women of menstruating age had entered
the Ayyappa temple in Sabarimala during the last pilgrimage season, the
Hindustan Times reported.

The U-turn by the government, which admitted that only two women of
menstruating age have entered the hill shrine till date, came two days
before the Supreme Court is expected to take up a bunch of review petitions
challenging its September 28 verdict allowing women of all ages to enter
the temple.

On Janaury 18, the government – in response to a petition filed by civil
servant Kanakadurga and law lecturer Bindu Ammini seeking police protection
– has said in the court that 51 women of menstruating age had entered the
temple since September.
However, soon after the government counsel made the statement in the top
court, several media reports pointed out that most of the names and phone
numbers mentioned on the list were of women over 50 years of age or of men.
The government told the Assembly that reports of the visit of a Sri Lankan
woman in early January was yet to be confirmed.>>

So, in case it's all false reporting by the MSM and also alternative media,
the least that is expected is an officail contradiction.
Is there any?

Sukla

--
Peace Is Doable