[<<Speaking on air strikes carried out by Indian Air Force (IAF) across the
Line of Control (LoC) in Pakistan, Air Chief Marshal Birender Singh Dhanoa
on Monday said that the IAF had hit the target in Balakot, otherwise why
would Pakistan Prime Minister have responded.
"If we dropped bombs in the jungles, then why would he respond?", said
Dhanoa.
He further added saying, "Death toll depends on the number of people
present in the target, IAF doesn't count the number of dead", said the IAF
chief.
"IAF is not in a position to clarify the number of casualties. The
government will clarify that. We don't count human casualties, we count
what targets we have hit or not", clarified Dhanoa.>>

Does that, btw, explain why Pakistan didn't respond to last "surgical
strikes"?

Anyway, it's coming from the horse's mouth that it's not for him to count
the deads.
The number of deads would depend on the number of people present at the
locations/targets hit.
It's for the government to determine how many.
Not for him.

***So, it's in this context, the observation made by analyst Mukul Kesavan
appears so very striking***:

<<Given that the one documented casualty was suffered by IAF (which, in
turn, allowed the Pakistan military’s favoured client, Imran Khan, to act
like a magnanimous statesman), it’s hard to know what the prime minister
has to show for his vaunted boldness. A lost plane and a returned PoW seem
to be the verifiable answers.>>

(Ref.: 'Reporting Balakot: the truth of a pantomime war: It’s hard to know
what the prime minister has to show for his vaunted boldness besides a lost
plane and a returned PoW' at <
https://www.telegraphindia.com/opinion/reporting-balakot-the-truth-of-a-pantomime-war-after-the-pulwama-terror-attack/cid/1686059
>.)]

https://www.business-standard.com/article/current-affairs/target-was-hit-in-balakot-iaf-doesn-t-count-number-of-dead-bs-dhanoa-119030400267_1.html?fbclid=IwAR35OmKvq962aVOeujaTwjY_kcywFG0g_whDxFhpGLHLlsGYQ2kHwqcxXK4

IAF hit the target in Balakot; we don't count kills: Air Chief BS Dhanoa
Air Chief said it was up to the goverment to calculate the number of
casualties in the strike

BS Web Team |  New Delhi

Last Updated at March 4, 2019 13:20 IST

Air Chief Marshal Birender Singh Dhanoa

Speaking on air strikes carried out by Indian Air Force (IAF) across the
Line of Control (LoC) in Pakistan, Air Chief Marshal Birender Singh Dhanoa
on Monday said that the IAF had hit the target in Balakot, otherwise why
would Pakistan Prime Minister have responded.

"If we dropped bombs in the jungles, then why would he respond?", said
Dhanoa.
He further added saying, "Death toll depends on the number of people
present in the target, IAF doesn't count the number of dead", said the IAF
chief.

"IAF is not in a position to clarify the number of casualties. The
government will clarify that. We don't count human casualties, we count
what targets we have hit or not", clarified Dhanoa.

Air Chief Marshal Dhanoa said that MiG21 used in shooting down Pakistan
F-16 is an upgraded aircraft with advanced weapons system and the casualty
figure in air strike on Balakot camp will be given by the government.

View image on Twitter

ANI
✔
@ANI
 Air Chief Marshal BS Dhanoa in Coimbatore: The Mig-21 Bison is a capable
aircraft, it has been upgraded, it has better radar, air-to air missiles
and better weapons system.

964
12:28 PM - Mar 4, 2019
298 people are talking about this
Twitter Ads info and privacy

When asked when IAF Wing Commander Abhinandan Varthaman will be back his
fighter jet cockpit, IAF chief Dhanoa said, "Whether he (Wing Commander
Abhinandan) flies or not depends on his medical fitness.

That's why post-ejection, he has undergone a medical check. Whatever
treatment required, will be given. Once we get his medical fitness, he will
get into fighter cockpit," he said.

All required treatment will be given to Wing Commander Abhinandan, Dhanoa
said.

The Air Force, Dhanoa said, has to get its act together and find out what
caused the mid-air clash ahead of the opening of the Bengaluru air show on
February 19 and helicopter crash in Kashmir last week.

--
Peace Is Doable