[《“... They (the people) also seek answers from the government for the
works that are not done. This was not a tradition in our country"》]

https://www.tribuneindia.com/news/nation/asking-govt-to-account-for-its-work-has-become-a-trend-now-modi/738430.html?fbclid=IwAR1O8qIMn4upzRhXB9jXq3MVh5I2QPNglXN6jnnXpx_PUIdsACYwY2QsiSI

Posted at: Mar 5, 2019, 12:28 PM; last updated: Mar 5, 2019, 3:47 PM (IST)

Asking govt to account for its work has become a trend now: Modi

Asking govt to account for its work has become a trend now: Modi
PM Narendra Modi. File photo

Adalaj (Gujarat),

March 5

Prime Minister Narendra Modi on Tuesday said asking the government to
account for its work had now become a trend in the country.

He said his government aimed to empower society to conduct more and more
social works.

“There is a recent trend of people expecting that everything has to be done
by the government. They also seek answers from the government for the works
that are not done. This was not a tradition in our country,” the Prime
Minister said at the ‘pran-pratistha’ (idol installation) ceremony at the
newly-built Annapurna Dham temple in Adalaj town of Gandhinagar district.

He said society earlier used to build dharmshalas (guesthouses), gaushala
(cow shelters), water ponds and libraries.

“All these used to be constructed by society’s strength. Slowly, knowingly
or unknowingly, this activity of society was suppressed and the state took
the role of carrying out social work,” Modi said.

“Our attempt is that the state should do the administrative work, and
society should be empowered so that it can carry out such social works
beneficial for the people at large,” he said after inaugurating the temple
set up by Leuva Patels, a sub-caste of the Patidar community.

The Prime Minister said it was the Leuva Patel community, led by Sardar
Vallabhbhai Patel, which started the Amul movement and benefited people
coming from all castes and classes in the villages of Gujarat.

Urging the community members to carry out social works, Modi said, “I will
ask you to distribute one plant to each person coming to the temple as
‘prasad’ and ask him to grow it.” PTI
--
Peace Is Doable