Finally, comes the "clarification":

《"I am told that the opposition has alleged what was argued (in SC) was
that files had been stolen from the Defence Ministry. This is wholly
incorrect. The statement that files have been stolen is wholly incorrect,”
he told PTI, in an apparent damage-control exercise.

Attorney General Venugopal said the application filed by Yashwant Sinha,
Arun Shourie and Prashant Bhushant, seeking from the court a review of its
verdict dismissing pleas for a probe into against the Rafale deal, had
annexed three documents which were photocopies of the original.

Official sources said the AG’s use of word stolen was probably “stronger”
and could have been avoided. [LOL!]》

(Ref.: 'Rafale documents not stolen, petitioners used photocopies: Attorney
General K.K. Venugopal', dtd. MARCH 08, 2019 21:13 IST, at <
https://www.thehindu.com/news/national/rafale-documents-not-stolen-petitioners-used-photocopies-attorney-general/article26472875.ece
>.

Sukla