[<<Standing atop a mini-bus Wednesday, Priyanka said, “The BJP is like that
student who doesn’t do his homework and when the teacher asks, he says that
(Jawaharlal) Nehru ji took my sheet and hid it and Indira (Gandhi) ji tore
my homework and made paper boats of it.”

Priyanka led her first campaign in the national capital for former Delhi
chief minister and Congress candidate from North East Delhi Sheila
Dikshit.>>]

https://www.hindustantimes.com/india-news/priyanka-s-delhi-connect-modi-came-here-only-5-years-ago-i-have-been-her-all-my-life/story-d9NmkOntDWivBAITbDowNN.html?fbclid=IwAR0tHRzi9kxTFC5hCdG2WRagb5U7xPDjYkFww5wl7ZZNT1Xxm49MQtrVXTg

Lok Sabha elections 2019| ‘Nehru took your homework’: Priyanka Gandhi jibes
PM Modi at Delhi roadshow
Priyanka Gandhi led her first campaign in the national capital for former
Delhi chief minister and Congress candidate from North East Delhi Sheila
Dikshit.
LOK SABHA ELECTIONS Updated: May 09, 2019 00:32 IST
Soumya Pillai
Soumya Pillai
New Delhi
Lok Sabha elections,LS polls,Priyanka Gandhi
Priyanka Gandhi Vadra Wednesday challenged Prime Minister Narendra Modi to
fight the last two phases of the parliamentary elections on the issues of
demonetisation, goods and services tax, women’s safety and youth
unemployment.
Keeping aside her identities of “Congress president Rahul Gandhi’s sister”,
“former prime minister Rajiv Gandhi’s daughter” and the “Congress general
secretary”, Priyanka Gandhi Vadra Wednesday chose to hit the narrow lanes
of Brahampuri as a “Delhi girl”, challenging Prime Minister Narendra Modi
to fight the last two phases of the parliamentary elections on the issues
of demonetisation, goods and services tax, women’s safety and youth
unemployment.

“Modi ji came to Delhi only five years ago but I was born here. For 47
years, I have lived here and seen every nook and corner of this city. I can
tell you what the people of Delhi want. You (Modi) wouldn’t know, since you
are cooped up in your Race Course Road bungalow,” she said.

PM Modi, at a rally on Sunday, had challenged the Congress to fight the
final rounds of the Lok Sabha elections on Rajiv Gandhi’s image. His remark
calling the former PM “corrupt number one” had given rise to a political
slugfest.

Standing atop a mini-bus Wednesday, Priyanka said, “The BJP is like that
student who doesn’t do his homework and when the teacher asks, he says that
(Jawaharlal) Nehru ji took my sheet and hid it and Indira (Gandhi) ji tore
my homework and made paper boats of it.”

Priyanka led her first campaign in the national capital for former Delhi
chief minister and Congress candidate from North East Delhi Sheila Dikshit.

“I am confident that voters living in all of these (along the route that
Priyanka took) areas will make the Congress win with a huge margin,”
Dikshit said.

Waving at the people who had turned up in huge numbers, despite the
sweltering heat, to see her, Priyanka covered a distance of over 2.5km from
Jag Pravesh Chandra Hospital to the Yamuna Vihar bus depot.

“People say she (Priyanka) is a spitting image of her grandmother, Indira
ji. They are right. She looks so much like the Indira Gandhi I remember—
the hair, the cotton saree and the confidence,” 78-year-old Mehrusina
Begum, who had come for the roadshow with her 10-year-old grandson, said.

As Priyanka entered the bylanes of the Muslim dominated colonies, voters
pledged their support for the Congress throwing rose petals on the route to
welcome her.

Despite many in the crowd claiming that the voters in areas such as
Shahdara, Seelampur, Brahampuri, and Yamuna Vihar have always pledged their
allegiance to the Congress, some believed that the triangular fight with
the AAP and the BJP is likely to split the anti-BJP votes.

Along the route of the roadshow, posters of, “Dear Sheila ji, you rejected
the alliance (with the AAP), we reject you”, could also be seen.

“We wanted that the BJP be defeated this time but the Congress said no to
an alliance with AAP. The anti-BJP votes will get split and it will benefit
the BJP,” 19-year-old Mohammad Azhar said.

First Published: May 09, 2019 00:15 IST
--
Peace Is Doable

https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/greenyouth/CACEsOZifxCp3BXAqWeL4O41z-70LVg0P-ivEMCsrSrsFzCza2w%40mail.gmail.com.