Further updates.

I. 《The parties had sought an urgent hearing tonight, but the court has
agreed to hear the petition at 11.30 am on Sunday. At present, Chief
Justice of India SA Bobde
<https://twitter.com/barandbench/status/1198246196164227078>is in Tirupati
with his family members, and is scheduled to be there till Sunday,
according to *Bar and Bench*. The petition also asked for the floor test to
be done within 24 hours so as to prevent any further horse-trading.》
(Ref.: <
https://scroll.in/latest/944681/maharashtra-sena-ncp-congress-move-sc-against-government-formation-seek-floor-test-in-24-hours
>.)

II. 《Nov 23, 20199:55 pm (IST)

We Have Support of 50 MLAs: NCP | NCP says it has the support of 50 MLAs.
Only 4 MLAs, including Ajit Pawar, are not with Sharad Pawar. When asked
about 17 missing MLAs, NCP clarifies that  they couldn't reach by 4.30 but
all are in touch with the party.

Nov 23, 20199:53 pm (IST)

What Will The Supreme Court Do? |Chief Justice SA Bobde was part of the
bench the last time a similar situation happened in Karnataka (Opposition
claiming that a minority govt has been sworn-in). At that time, the SC gave
the largest party (BJP) 48 hours to cobble a majority and prove it in a
floor test.

Nov 23, 20199:51 pm (IST)

SC Should Immediately Order a Floor Test: Cong | Speaking to reporters
outside the Supreme Court, Congress spokesperson Randeep Surjewala says ...》

(Ref.: <
https://www.news18.com/news/politics/maharashtra-govt-formation-live-updates-shiv-sena-cm-fadnavis-congress-nationalist-congress-party-ajit-sharad-pawar-thackeray-mumbai-2397239.html
>.)

III. 《8. President Kovind was woken up and asked to sign a notification
revoking Central rule in Maharashtra. He did this at 5:47 am. But the
president could only act based on a recommendation of the cabinet, and
there appears to have been no cabinet meeting or recommendation to that
effect. The government says it took recourse to Rule 12 of the Government
of India (Transaction of Business) Rules, which says the “Prime Minister
may, in any case or classes of cases permit or condone a departure from
these rules, to the extent he deems necessary.” However, this rule’s
primary purpose is to deal with a “situation of extreme urgency or
unforeseen contingency”, according to the Cabinet Secretariat. And the
swearing in of a chief minister in this manner can hardly be considered a
matter of “extreme urgency” – unless the government had something to hide.》

(Ref.: <
https://thewire.in/politics/maharashtra-amit-shah-narendra-modi-democracy>.)

IV.  For a vivid graphical representation of the timeline of developments: <
https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=10221127865091408&id=1387786704
>.

Evidently, whether the Court shows some spine would be very crucial.

The last time, in case of Karnataka, *the directive to televise live the
assembly proceedings to determine the majority completely upended the
sinister plot by the Modi-Shah duo, based on money and coercive powers of
the state*.

That an early hearing has at all been granted leaves some space for hopes,
despite the Court's recent track record.

If, in this high-stake game the result perchance goes against the BJP,
it'll definitely be a significant blow.

Sukla