I forgot my name in the former email: Jan de Schryver- ja...@pandora.be

-----Oorspronkelijk bericht-----
Van: Gregorio-users [mailto:gregorio-users-boun...@gna.org] Namens Br. Samuel
Springuel
Verzonden: dinsdag 5 juli 2016 22:54
Aan: gregorio-users <Gregorio-users@gna.org>
Onderwerp: [Gregorio-users] ANNOUNCEMENT - v4.2.0-rc2 Released

Even though we're normally feature frozen once we reach the release candidate
stage of release preparation, we've added a couple of features to this release
candidate which were considered priorities for some of our bigger users.  As a
result, it is especially important that we get some feedback from early
adopters to make sure they are working as intended.

Also, now that TeXLive 2016 is available to the public (and contains Gregorio
4.1.4 in it) we'd also like some feedback from people on their experience in
installing and uninstalling Gregorio 4.2 over top of TeXLive 2016.  Since we
cannot update the binary in TeXLive until next year, it is important for us
that the installers we distribute ourselves are capable of handling this
process cleanly.

Download here:
https://github.com/gregorio-project/gregorio/releases/tag/v4.2.0-rc2

# CHANGELOG
## [4.2.0-rc2] - 2016-07-05
### Fixed
- A two-line initial on a two-line score no longer generates an error (see
[#1139](https://github.com/gregorio-project/gregorio/issues/1139)).
- Staff lines after a two-line initial should now be sized correctly in a more
consistent way (see
[#1141](https://github.com/gregorio-project/gregorio/issues/1141)).
- Space at the end of line was not always correct when a line is cut in the
middle of a word (see
[#1155](https://github.com/gregorio-project/gregorio/issues/1155)).
- In rare cases, the very last bar or glyph of a score could appear alone at
the beginning of the final line (see
[#1152](https://github.com/gregorio-project/gregorio/issues/1152)).
- In cases of a syllable without note, the space between notes of the previous
and next syllables was sometimes not enough (see
[#1137](https://github.com/gregorio-project/gregorio/issues/1137)).
- `moraadjustment` and `moraadjustmentbar` did not scale when changing factor,
they do now.

### Added
- Some vertical spaces can now be adjusted for a particular line in a
score.  Use `\grechangenextscorelinedim` prior to including the score to
set the desired values.  `spaceabovelines`, `spacebeneathtext`, and
`spacelinestext` may be changed with this command.  See GregorioRef and
[#1156](https://github.com/gregorio-project/gregorio/issues/1156) for
details.

### Changed
- When the clef and the first note are at a reasonable vertical
distance, `shortspaceafterlineclef` is used instead of
`spaceafterlineclef` (make them equal if you don't want this feature).
This is used only on the first line, when there is an initial on one
line. See [#1138](https://github.com/gregorio-project/gregorio/issues/1138).
- When an alteration follows a bar, it is not completely taken into
consideration in the new bar spacing algorithm (similarly to the punctum
mora), this behavior can be tuned with the newly introduced space
`alterationadjustmentbar`. See
[#1146](https://github.com/gregorio-project/gregorio/issues/1146).
- Very small improvement in the design of the porrectus auctus and
torculus resupinus auctus (see
[#1169](https://github.com/gregorio-project/gregorio/issues/1169)).
- When the notes around a virgula or divisio minima are lower than two
spaces below the top staff line, the spaces used are new shorter spaces
with a `@short` prefix. To cancel this feature, make them the same as
their normal version. See
[#1144](https://github.com/gregorio-project/gregorio/issues/1144).

--