On Fri, 8 Jan 2021, Riccardo (Jack) Lucchetti wrote:

On Fri, 8 Jan 2021, Artur Tarassow wrote:

Hi,

I am not sure the following behavior of bundles and matrices data types is intended: While a foreach loop iterates over all items for bundles (items = keys) and string arrays this is _not_ the case for matrices and bundle arrays aka bundles. I think it's quite natural that it matrices and bundles should also be "iterable" but maybe I am overlooking something.

I think I remember that this distinction was agreed on during a Jitsi meeting some time ago.

"loop foreach" is intended for iterating across strings, and allowing iteration over bundle keys and arrays of strings is a special case of that. But in general "foreach" for arrays is redundant since they are indexed and ordered.

Allin