On Thu, 24 Mar 2005, Angelo Secchi wrote:

> Hi,
> Is it possible to compile Gretl-1.3.3 from the source in an amd64
> environment? Or no way?
> Thanks

I have the feeling that it depends on what OS you're running.

Assuming you run linux, it should be certainly possible, since gretl 1.3.2
is part of debian testing and 1.3.3 is in debian unstable (just about to
migrate to testing). Since debian works on 11 different hardware
architectures, I'd be very surprised if it didn't build on amd64, which is
relatively standard.

True, debian isn't officially ported to amd64 yet, but an experimental
port (which *does* contain gretl)
can be found at http://debian-amd64.alioth.debian.org/ and to my
understanding will be part of the official debian offering soon.

You might want to ask the debian package manager, Dirk Eddelbuettel
(edd(a)debian.org). He is probably the most qualified person to give you a
definitive answer.

HTH,

Riccardo `Jack' Lucchetti
Dipartimento di Economia