Hello,

On Thu, 21 Jul 2005 22:25:47 -0400 (EDT)
Allin Cottrell <cottrell(a)wfu.edu> wrote:

> If anyone is brave enough to try this on Linux, please run gretl
> from the command prompt in an xterm or similar and see what's going
> on via stderr.  Plenty of info there.

Here "the brave".
My system is Gentoo-Linux on an AMD64 architecture with gcc 3.4.3-r1
and with the latest Gretl from cvs. It seems to me that the "send to"
works. The only problem is that the recipient of the mail cannot see
who's sending the mail: in the "From:" field you get  "(No From)".
Here some log:

targ = 'XXXX(a)sssup.it'
sender = 'secchi(a)sssup.it'
subj = 'script'
server = 'smtp.XXXX.it'
localhost = 'secchi'
got server ip
opened SMTP socket, unit = 7
doing read() on socket...
response:
220 sssup.it ESMTP CommuniGate Pro 4.1.8 is glad to see you!

sending EHLO...
doing read() on socket...
response:
250-sssup.it we trust you secchi
250-HELP
250-PIPELINING
250-ETRN
250-DSN
250-TURN
250-ATRN
250-SIZE 31457280
250-STARTTLS
250 EHLO

sending MAIL...
doing read() on socket...
response:
250 secchi(a)sssup.it sender accepted

sending RCPT...
doing read() on socket...
response:
250 XXXX(a)sssup.it will leave the Internet

sending DATA...
doing read() on socket...
response:
354 Enter mail, end with "." on a line by itself

sending actual message...
doing read() on socket...
response:
250 14566830 message accepted for delivery

I tried also on 32bit machine again with Gentoo same result.
Angelo