On Mon, March 13, 2006 23:13, Zhukov Pavel wrote:
> Good evening.
> How to change language in gretl?
> I have understood that it is necessary to start command
>
> #LANG = <lang> gretl
>
> But it still starts English language.

Gretl should start in the default language of your operating system, if the
corresponding translated resources are available. Apart from English, we
currently have Italian, Spanish, Basque, Polish, French and German fully
supported. I understand the Portuguese translation is under way, plus some
other languages have some level of support. No-one has undertaken a Russian
translation yet (that I know of).

Under Linux, selecting a different language (among the ones I mentioned) is
easy.
If you wanted Italian, for example, and assuming you use a bash shell, all you
have to do is issue the shell command

export LANG="it_IT"

and then run gretl from that same shell. I don't know about Windows or Mac OS X.

Hope this helps.

Riccardo "Jack" Lucchetti
Dipartimento di Economia
FacoltĂ  di Economia "G. FuĂ "