On Thu, 6 Jul 2006, Ignacio Díaz-Emparanza wrote:

> there is a bug in the spanish version of the current Windows
> snapshot. When I launch gretl ita appears a window saying

> "The help file c:\userdata\gretl\gretlcmd_hlp_es.txt is not accesible"

Somehow the help file is not being fully updated; I'll work on
that.

> Apart from this, I am running some Monte Carlo simulations
> with gretl, and I would like to note that, although I put "set
> echo off" at the beginnig of my script file, there are some
> sentences that are being written to the screen...

Thanks for the report.  Since this is an issue that other people
are likely to run into as well, let me explain:

* "set echo off" suppresses the echoing of the commands in the
   script; that is, you should just see the output from those
   commands.

* If you don't want to see status messages such as "Replaced
   matrix 'E'", then in addition you should do

   set messages off

* Finally, if you want a loop to run quietly, without reporting
   the number of iterations completed, add the "--quiet" flag to
   the loop command, e.g.

   loop i=1..10 --quiet

Perhaps there should be one global command to achieve all this,
but that's how things stand at present.

Allin.