On Fri, 7 Nov 2008, Sven Schreiber wrote:

> it's been a while since I compiled the cvs version, so today was
> the first time I noticed the "you can also build the pdf docs"
> part of the configure output (on Ubuntu 8.04). I tried that but
> got errors complaining about mathtime.sty missing. I'm using the
> standard Texlive distro packaged in/for ubuntu, no special stuff
> AFAIK.

There's no reference to mathtime in the current TeX manual
sources: if the --with-lucida option is given we use lucidabr,
otherwise we use the regular TeX fonts, with the "ae" package to
get T1 encoding.  Somehow you must have some stale files.  Try rm
-f *a4.tex in doc/tex.  And be sure to ./configure.

> BTW, the list has been quiet recently, is that good or bad?

Hmm, hard to tell.  I've been very busy with other things, so
I'm not too upset at having relatively few postings to respond to
right now.

> Oh, and another thing, I wanted to log in to the gretl area at
> sourceforge, but couldn't get a secure https connection, only
> http. Has anybody else noticed that?

Quite a lot has changed at sf with their move to their new Chicago
data center.  See

http://sourceforge.net/community/forum/forum.php?id=11&page

Allin.