Hiya,
I will be using Gretl to teach third year Economics students who may not
be familiar with software nor mathematics in general. The Open
University does accept students from very heterogeneous backgrounds and
is sometimes the only possibility some people have to undertake further
studies because of its flexible entry requirements.
So my query aims to avoid creating additional hurdles to these students
who may not be very familiar with numbers and alternative notations.
Gretl outputs tend to use a scientific notation when numbers have too
many zeros and few non-zero digits. How could this be changed? Could we
have access to the code that generates the format of displayed numbers?
How could we then integrate it into the Gretl downloadable file?
Thanks so much!
Cristina

The Open University is incorporated by Royal Charter (RC 000391), an exempt
charity in England & Wales and a charity registered in Scotland (SC 038302).