Federico Tamagni schrieb:
> Dear all,
>
> I need to save the R_squared into a file outside gretl, and my guess is
> there is a problem on how to store scalars.
>
> Suppose I run a simple panel regression:
>
> panel Y const X
>

> Then, to retrieve the R_squared I use the command:
>
> genr  R2 = $rsq
>
> which work fine as a get the message: "Generated scalar r2 = 0.89778".

First of all, did you use R2 or r2, and consistently?

> Now, in order to store this in a file, untill few weeks ago I was using
> the store command, in this way:
>
> store --csv  path_to_myfile/my_file  r2
>

> However this does not work anymore, as I receive the following error
> message: " 'r2' is not the name of a series "
>
> Is something changed in the way scalars are dealt with ?

You could use the outfile command to redirect the output into a text file:

outfile --write path_to_myfile/my_file
print r2
outfile --close

or you could convert the scalar to a matrix, something like this:

matrix tostore = {r2}   # maybe also/only works without the braces?
mwrite(tostore,'path_to_myfile/my_file')

hth,
sven