On Tue, 1 Sep 2009, Allin Cottrell wrote:

> On Tue, 1 Sep 2009, chris wrote:
> > A second problem is that sometimes R complaints that it cannot find its
> > dlls. This seems to be well known to other users of libr already, see:
> > http://code.env.duke.edu/projects/mget/ticket/203...
>
> Ah. Yes, we should do something about that.  Maybe automatically
> add the R-bin dir to the PATH if it's not already there.  This is
> a Windows-specific problem, I take it?

I've added a function maybe_print_R_path_addition() in
lib/src/gretl_win32.c, but I'm not making use of it yet.

I have a few questions before I activate this code. Is it overkill
to add the R "bin", "modules" and "lib"  directories to PATH? Can
we get away with just adding the "bin" directory?  And if we use
this, should it go into the Rsrc file?

Allin.