Dear Gretl Community,

I have a question about how Gretl calculates the VAR
impulse-responses. Although
Gretl says that an one-standard error shock is used in the calculations I
can't confirm this, once another value for the standard error is given in
the estimation results. To illustrate this I will give an example:

<script>
open australia.gdt
"Modelo 1" <- var 1 le lpus lpau --impulse-responses
</script>

The standard-error of the "Equation 1" (le) is 0.048110, but the
impulse-response uses 0.046827 as the standard-error. I did the same
estimation using EViews and, according to that software, 0.046827 is the
standard-error with degrees of freedom correction and 0.046827 is the
standard-error without degrees of freedom correction.

Best,
Henrique C. de Andrade
Doutorando em Economia Aplicada
Universidade Federal do Rio Grande do Sul
www.ufrgs.br/ppge