On Thu, 21 Aug 2008, [iso-8859-1] Ricardo Gonçalves Silva wrote:

> Thanks so much. I will try the script now.
> Only a newbie question: the fcasts generated are out-of-sample, right?

Yes, the William Greene dataset I used has data for 6 firms from
1970 to 1984. My script estimates the fixed-effects model over the
range 1970 to 1979, then generates forecasts for 1970-1984.

I produced "forecasts" for all years just to show that the
in-sample values agree with $yhat, but presumably it's the out of
sample values that are of most interest.

Allin Cottrell