Riccardo (Jack) Lucchetti schrieb:
> On Tue, 23 Mar 2010, Allin Cottrell wrote:
>

>> On Tue, 23 Mar 2010, Sven Schreiber wrote:
>>
>>> I would like to know on which precise formula/reference the "local
>>> whittle estimator" (which is printed after the 'pergm' command) is
>>> based. And/or in which source file do I find the relevant code?
>>
>> I can't give the reference offhand -- I guess Jack may be able to
>> -- but the code is in lib/src/describe.c: see the block of
>> functions named LWE_*.
>
> Robinson, P. (1995), "Gaussian Semiparametric Estimation of Long Range
> Dependence", Annals of Statistics, 23(5), p. 1630--1661.

great, thanks!

> While we're on the subject, the modified version by Shimotsu and
> Phillips would probably be nice to have too:
>
> Shimotsu, K. and Phillips, PCB (2005) "Exact local Whittle estimation of
> fractional integration", Annals of Statistics, 33(4), p. 1890--1933

and while we're on "nice-to-have things", maybe also  “Exact Local
Whittle Estimation of Fractional Integration with Unknown Mean and Time
Trend”? (forthcoming in  Econometric Theory,
http://qed.econ.queensu.ca/faculty/shimotsu/papers/2step_ELW.pdf)

(there's some matlab code on his website, too; of course, one would have
to check the licensing, maybe even before looking at it?)

cheers,
sven