On Tue, 30 Mar 2010, Hélio Guilherme wrote:

> The only difference I see is the missing comment closure:
> diff VAR.inp VAR_error.inp
> 8d7
> < */

As Henrique has said, that was "intentional" ;-)

> But with latest cvs it runs without errors.

It also runs without errors for me, hence my puzzlement.  In
tonight's CVS I have added a warning if you run a script in the
GUI that closes with an unterminated comment. The patch also
"clears out" the comment state, so you can run the script more
than once. (Before, if you tried to run the script a second time,
no command was executed, because you were still inside a comment
so far as the gretl command interpreter was concerned.)

Allin Cottrell