From: Henrique Andrade
Sent: Wednesday, April 07, 2010 4:49 PM
To: [Gretl-users]
Subject: [Gretl-users] Saving ADF Residuals

Dear Gretl Community,

Is it possible to save the residuals of the Augmented Dickey-Fuller (ADF) test
regressions? I would like to save them to check if they follow a white noise
process.

Best,
Henrique C. de Andrade
Doutorando em Economia Aplicada
Universidade Federal do Rio Grande do Sul
www.ufrgs.br/ppge

Nenhum vírus encontrado nessa mensagem recebida.
Verificado por AVG - www.avgbrasil.com.br
Versão: 9.0.800 / Banco de dados de vírus: 271.1.1/2796 - Data de Lançamento:
04/07/10 03:32:00
Hi Henrique,

If the test shows that you have a unit root, by definition, the residuals doesn't follow a random walk (white nose) and vice-versa.
But if you really want to see the residuals, just run an AR(p) regression, by OLS, where p is the "augmented lag" (w/o truncation), then save the residuals.

Best,

Ricardo