On Thu, 22 Apr 2010, Stefan Rehm wrote:

> Thanks for your support. I just tried to give the linux commandline
> client "gretlcli" a shot. Here i got this errormessage:
>
> /usr/lib/gretl-gtk2/odbc_import.so: cannot open shared object file: No
> such file or directory

Very helpful, thanks. That's the mystery solved: the plugin that
gretl needs to work with ODBC is not installed. In CVS I've
ensured that you get a proper error message if that's the case.

Now, to get this working... Are you using a pre-built gretl binary
or are you building gretl yourself?

To date we haven't included ODBC support in the gretl RPMs we
build (to avoid introducing a dependency on unixODBC, which is
quite specialized).

If you're building gretl yourself, then you need to pass the
option flag --with-odbc to gretl's configure script, and depending
on where unixODBC is installed you may also need to pass
--with-ODBC-prefix=<prefix>. (We need to add this information to
the Appendix to the User's Guide that deals with ODBC.)

Allin Cottrell