On 6/10/2010 9:40 AM, Sven Schreiber wrote:
>  not sure if it will answer all your needs, but have you checked
>  out section I.4.4 of the manual?

Imo, this does not constitute documentation of a file format. E.g.,

"CSV files can use comma, space or tab as the column separator.
When you use the “Import CSV” menu item you are prompted to
specify the separator."

An example of a file format specification would be:
http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc/rfc4180.txt
So for example, gretl could point to this
and say it makes two changes from this RFC:
- blank lines are ignored
- lines beginning with a hash are ignored

I do not see how science can be done reliably if we do not know
the file formats we are working with.

Alan