On Tue, 7 Sep 2010, Edsel L. Beja, Jr. wrote:

> I need help on executing the "interval regression" option on Gretl. In
> particular, how do I "create" the lower bound variable and upper bound
> variable? (The manual does not give details.)

It is assumed that the bound variables are available as data. For
example if the dependent variable is individuals' income, you
don't have a point figure for each income but you do have a
bracket.

If the bounds are not available as data but you have relevant data
from which bounds might be constructed, gretl has a rich set of
functions for computing transformations. Look at the genr command
and the gretl function reference under the Help menu.

Allin Cottrell