On Fri, 25 Nov 2011, Allin Cottrell wrote:

> On Fri, 25 Nov 2011, Henrique Andrade wrote:
>
>> I´m trying to save data into comma-separated values (the csv
>> extension) files using the Brazilian standard (comma as the
>> decimal point character) but it is not working. Gretl only saves
>> the text file with point as the decimal point character. [...]
>
> You don't want "set force_decpoint on" here, but something has
> indeed gone wrong: it seems you can't currently save CVS data
> using anything other than "." as the decimal character. (I'm not
> sure when that happened.)

Correction: you can do this, but only via the GUI. When you choose
to export data as CVS under the /File menu, and the decimal "," is
currently in force, you get the option of setting "," as the decimal
character in the CSV output -- but it's never the default, which I
think is correct.

The question then is, do we want to provide the same option for
command-line use? That is, a way to force use of the decimal comma
in CSV export, although it's not recommended.

Allin