El 22/12/11 13:53, Frederic Beister escribió:
> Hi,
>
> I'm fairly new to gretl and intend to use it mainly as a tool to
> faciliate my research. I'm a computer scientist and in no way an
> econometrician. I'm currently looking into ARMA models and all
> variations thereof (SARIMA, ARIMA, ...).
>
> I'm trying to model time-series with ARMA models like this (on a big
> computing machine because locally it might take too long)
>
> m1<- arima 1 1 1 ; 1 1 1 ; Pwr
>
> Now I have a model stored as m1 - from the GUI I know that I can plot
> several graphs such as residuals etc.. How do I do this with the CLI or
> how can I "export" the model to my local machine so that I can use it there?
>
> To export I already tried modeltab add / store with no success - "store"
> only stores variables and modeltab results in "modeltab: command not
> available". "gnuplot m1" or similar doesn't work either as m1 is not a
> variable.
>
> Thanks in advance and best regards
> Frederic

Gretl uses the external program 'gnuplot' for making the plots. In fact,
there is also a 'gnuplot' command in gretl:

gnuplot yvars xvars --output=filename.pdf

this command uses variables as parameters, not models. In particular
this will send the graph to a pdf file. Please look at the gnuplot
command in the gretl help or in the manual (Gretl Command Reference) for
more information about this command.

--
Ignacio Diaz-Emparanza
DEPARTAMENTO DE ECONOMÍA APLICADA III (ECONOMETRÍA Y ESTADÍSTICA)