Although there is an extremely helpful and informative page online regarding
the installation of Gretl on a Mac, Gretl does not want to work on my system as
well as the Apple products of a few of my classmates. We all have downloaded
the appropriate software (X11, GTK, etc.) and I have tried both the latest
release of the product as well as the current snapshot but neither seem to
work. Once the software is downloaded and dragged into the applications section
(which normally installs most software automatically), I attempt to open Gretl
and instead of opening, the program immediately terminates. Any suggestions?

Thanks,
Dominic Balestrieri