On 09/11/12 19:17, Allin Cottrell wrote:
> ... The user-function can, however, be written more
> tersely -- particularly if we take returning NA as sufficient
> indication that the question is invalid:
>
> function scalar iseven (scalar a)
>     return a != floor(a) ? NA : a % 2 == 0
> end function
Uau !!

But I see that it is not needed an specific function, because for
example in an script where you already know it is always produced an
integer, you may easily use

scalar a = (b % 2==0 )

being a=1 if b is even and  a=0 if b is odd  ¿no?

--
Ignacio Diaz-Emparanza
DEPARTAMENTO DE ECONOMÍA APLICADA III (ECONOMETRÍA Y ESTADÍSTICA)