On Fri, 7 Dec 2012, Logan Kelly wrote:

> I am considering using Gretl for a Statistics class I teach
> in an executive MBA program. I am think about this because
> (i) Gretl is free for students to use, and (ii) it does not
> require admin rights to install. Point (ii) is the most
> important. My consern is that while Gretl is great for
> econometrics, it might require too much techinical skill for
> an MBA program.

In my teaching experience, gretl can be used at various levels
of technical skill. You should be able to to tailor your use
of the program to the level of sophistication of the students
-- from just drawing graphs, looking at descriptive
statistics, and running OLS plus simple tests, to use of
gretl's advanced commands and functions via scripting.

Allin Cottrell