On 12/12/2012 04:07 PM, Allin Cottrell wrote:
> On Wed, 12 Dec 2012, Sven Schreiber wrote:
>
>> I have the problem that when I declare a bundle in a script and run the
>> script a *second* time, I get the following error:
>>
>> ? bundle test
>> Invalid declaration: maybe you need the "clear" command?
>>
>> Error executing script: halting
>>> bundle test
>
> That's by design. Declaring a variable of a given name more
> than once is a scripting error (always has been). You can
> redefine a variable OK, but you cannot re-declare it;
> re-declaration probably means the writer has forgotten about a
> variable. But the "clear" command is there if you need it, to
> give yourself a tabula rasa.

Wait a second, I have run my scripts repeatedly all the time, with all
the matrix and series declarations in them, without clearing out stuff
all the time explicitly.

Oh, or I guess there's a difference between pure *declaration* and
*assignment*? That would make sense, because only for bundles it's
necessary to do a pure declaration, so that would be new for me.

Still, 'clear' is a bit too heavy as it also throws away the data... Hm.

thanks,
sven