Mmmm, following Jack's hint  I refreshed my gretl installation and
everything looks fine now. I guess that the confusion came from the fact
that my former installation was a 32-bits instead of the 64-bits one which
should suit to my Windows system. Sorry for this false alarm.
Have a wonderful day!
Best,
Artur