Am 12.01.2020 um 09:53 schrieb Ioannis Venetis:

( Windows 10 Home
Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-8565U CPU @ 1.80GHz 1.99 GHz
Installed memory(RAM) 16.0GB)
with 2020a-git build date 2020-01-11

There were two snapshots with that date I believe. I'm using the one
from "right now" (half an hour ago or so).

The problem does not go away, ratios stay the same.

ratio of eigen() time to eigensym() time: 0.0702871

ratio of eigen() time to eigensym() time: 0.284221

My numbers are marginally better for eigensym, perrhaps because this
machine doesn't have HT.

I couldn't find any obvious hints about slow performance of dsyevr or
dsyev with openblas on Windows on the web so far, unfortunately. Maybe
it's some compiler option, but of course one wouldn't expect that it
doesn't slow down _everything_ then.

thanks
sven