Am 22.07.2020 um 09:41 schrieb Riccardo (Jack) Lucchetti:
On Wed, 22 Jul 2020, Sven Schreiber wrote:

(Internal remark: Actually I just remembered and checked that a single
series can be provided to a list argument of a function which is then
treated as a one-element list. Maybe we can use that behavior to
generalize the winsor function to accept a list as well. The problem
would be to decide how to return more than one result series, while
keeping the standard return type of one series.)

In fact, we could move the function to the native function repertoire,
with and expanded signature (list -> list). Maybe not for the next
release, but for the one after.

That's probably a good idea.

Currently gretl doesn't accept assigning a one-element list to a new
series object. (type error)
If it were possible, one could define a hansl function that returns a
list type in general, but it would also work for the special case of a
single element.

thanks
sven