On Tue, 11 Aug 2020, Sven Schreiber wrote:

Am 28.12.2019 um 19:41 schrieb Sven Schreiber:
a note to the users of the "cmatrix" function package combined with the
new 2019d (probably not so many, but still).

As Allin announced earlier, cmatrix is not needed anymore if you run the
latest gretl version, the functionality of complex-valued matrices is
now natively in gretl. In principle it is recommended to delete the
obsolete package files manually. However, if you are a user of the
"ghosts" package that does multivariate spectral analysis, then you
should wait for the imminent update of ghosts before deleting cmatrix.

Nevertheless the cmatrix package will still be available on the server
for some time for users who do not want to or cannot upgrade to gretl
2019d.

Any users of the cmatrix package out there with a pre-2019d gretl version?

Now that gretl 2020d is out I'm wondering whether we can retire the
package. I guess the default plan would be to remove it in a few months
at the latest, roughly one year after the release of 2019d.

I think it's safe to retire it.

  Riccardo (Jack) Lucchetti
  Dipartimento di Scienze Economiche e Sociali (DiSES)

  Università Politecnica delle Marche
  (formerly known as Università di Ancona)

  r.lucche...@univpm.it
  http://www2.econ.univpm.it/servizi/hpp/lucchetti