Am 19.08.2020 um 19:15 schrieb Artur Tarassow:
Am 19.08.20 um 18:32 schrieb Alecos Papadopoulos:
originally. But what would happen if in some row I would have some
numbers and some "nan"? Will the meanr() return then a "nan" result?
Yes I gues so.

Here is a hack from Jack. He posted it some years ago:

<hansl>
function matrix my_meanc(const matrix X)
    matrix B = ok(X)
    return sumc(B ? X : 0) ./ sumc(B)
end function

matrix A = {NA, 1; 2, 2; 1, 3}
mA = my_meanc(A)
mA
</hansl>

Thanks Artur, that's a nice reminder.

If the missings are not "dispersed" individually but it is always an
entire row which doesn't have valid numbers I guess you could also do
something like the following:

<hansl>

# small example matrix

matrix B = I(2)
B[2, ] = NA
print B

eval meanc( selifr(B, minr(ok(B)) ) )

</hansl>

But not very pretty to read I guess.

(BTW, it seems missing() doesn't work on a matrix, in contrast to ok() -
is that an oversight?)

cheers

sven