On Fri, 18 Sep 2020, Ioannis A. Venetis wrote:

Hello all, especially Jack who wrote the package!!!. I run gretl2020d on Windows (I think last version of them). Also I installed yahoo_get 3.0 When running yahoo_get.gfn sample script I get two "errors" (1) It does not find the redhat ticker ? series redhat = yahoo_price("RHT") # get Red Hat, adjusted price only
Ticker RHT not found
Generated series redhat (ID 1)
(2) it does not fill non-existent ticker with NAs (if that's the
expected function here). I get the following

? series foo    = yahoo_price("ZZZ")   # a non-existent ticker will give
NAs An error occurred when 'outfile' was active jsonget: failed to match JsonPath *** error in function json2csv, line 1
dates = strsplit(jsonget(jsonbuf, "$.chart.result[0].timestamp[*]"), "\n")
called by function write_tempfile called by function yahoo_price Error executing script: halting
series foo    = yahoo_price("ZZZ")   # a non-existent ticker will give NAs

Thanks Yiannis, I'll try to fix the package asap.

  Riccardo (Jack) Lucchetti
  Dipartimento di Scienze Economiche e Sociali (DiSES)

  Università Politecnica delle Marche
  (formerly known as Università di Ancona)

  r.lucche...@univpm.it
  http://www2.econ.univpm.it/servizi/hpp/lucchetti